Mono and Alpine County Childcare Quality System
The goal of the Childcare Quality System is to increase the quality of child care and support family engagement throughout Mono and Alpine Counties by building a skilled and stable childcare workforce. The Childcare Quality System works directly with licensed family and center-based childcare providers who provide much of the available child care in Mono and Alpine County. To see the Mono Alpine Childcare Quality System Plan, click here.
The Childcare Quality System rewards the pursuit of early child development training among child care professionals; promotes retention of committed, qualified early child care teachers and providers; and encourages advancement on the Child Development Training Consortium’s Child Development Permit Matrix.
The emphasis of the Childcare Quality System is to:
- Support providers’ knowledge of, or assessment in, standard assessment tools such as: CLASS–an interaction-based assessment and ERS–the Environmental Rating Scale.
- Support providers’ use of Ages and Stages Questionnaires to assess students’ development
- Provide professional development
- Support the creation and implementation of an annual site plan
- The Childcare Quality System is open to all licensed sites in Mono and Alpine Counties serving children ages birth to five. Depending on the funding source for the site, different agencies may offer quality support.
- For California State Preschool sites: Inyo County Superintendent of Schools, Child Development Division (funded by the California Department of Education-Quality Rating Improvement System (QRIS)), & Inyo Mono Advocates for Community Action (IMACA) (funded by the California Department of Education-AB-212 program).
- For all other sites: First 5 Mono & First 5 Alpine (funded by First 5 California- Improve and Maximize all Programs so Children Thrive (IMPACT))
- For sites served through First 5 Mono or Alpine, Stipends are awarded to participating sites based on 3 factors:
This Project also assists with:
Sites Participating in the Childcare Quality System this 2016-17 school year are:
Coleville State Preschool
Lee Vining Head Start/State Preschool
Mammoth Kids Corner
Mammoth Lakes Head Start/State Preschool
Mammoth Lutheran Preschool
Mountain Warfare Training Child Development Center (Coleville)
Courtney Singer Daycare
Kindred Spirits School – Caitlin Louk
Maria Guadalupe Barajas de Garcia
Maria Martinez de Garcia
For more information, please contact:
Didi Tergesen, IMPACT Coordinator, email
PO Box 130, 365 Sierra Park Road, Building M
Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546